Friday, July 6, 2012

Adventures in Wingnutia: 'Give a Lamb a Gun' Edition


Paging Dr. Colbert ... Dr. Stephen Colbert .Doctor, doctor ... he's baaack.

Into that part of the interwebs which is that boiling cauldron of clueless craziness mixed with conspiracy theories and hopelessness, with a touch of  -- otherwise known as the Conservative Center of Mass -- rides Herman "Uzbeki-beki-stan-stan" Cain with a spanking brand new internet offering.

Despite the fact that I may have overlooked a "beki" or two (and maybe even a "stan"), follow me further for a breathtaking site review as only The Guardian's Oliver Burkeman can deliver!

In fairness, I only watched the "We Are Not Stupid ... Give a Lamb a Gun" video because of the obvious contradiction of the first part. Then I went and read some of the comment section below it. Trust me, neither failed to entertain. As one may have guessed, this was a hyperventilating diatribe decrying the super-secret Obama plan to take away everyone's guns and replace them, I suppose, with organic broccoli. Or some such.

Along the way, Fast & Furious is obliquely referenced as is Joe The-Not-At-All Plumber (well, he was directly cited but another ob- word comes to mind: obscene).

Anyway, I will let Oliver sum up my misadventure: "Sadly, however, Cain TV is so authentically bizarre that it's hard to make the kind of snide jokes you'd expect from a liberal media outlet."

A nugget from Burkeman's treasure chest of craptastic Hermantia is below.
For example, in a video about gun control:
"Let's give a lamb a gun! I am Herman Cain. We are not stupid."
To be fair, the lamb/gun thing is a reference to a quotation that Cain attributes to Benjamin Franklin. Though, actually, he attributes it wrongly.
Let's give a lamb a gun. I am Herman Cain! Watch Cain TV now, on the internet (or on Louise Mensch's alternative internet, if she's invented it yet).
Read the full article ... then let the mockery begin. Dr. Colbert, I presume?

No comments: